Based on a proactive management strategy, the Aeon Group (Aeon Co., Ltd. and its consolidated subsidiaries) is progressing with the consolidation and decommission of its retail outlets in response to changes in the environment surrounding its locations. In FY2019, the Group made capital expenditures of ¥437,850 million, mainly in the GMS business and the Shopping Center Development Business.
- In the GMS Business, the Group opened 4 new stores and closed 11 existing stores, while renovated existing stores to suit the local demographics of each neighborhood. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥128,305 million.
- In the Supermarket Business, the Group opened 51 new supermarkets and closed 27 existing stores, and opened 20 new discount stores and closed 15 existing stores. The Group operated 5,350 Ministop stores worldwide as of the end of 2019 fiscal year.
The Group continued to aggressively opened small-size urban My Basket stores,bringing the total to 846 outlets at the end of 2019 fiscal year. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥77,966 million.
- In the Health & Wellness Business, WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. opened 129 new stores and added 31 stores by acquiring shares and acquiring business and closed 26 stores. WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. aggressively bolstered to build the dominant position and expanding the store sales channels. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥22,109 million respectively.
- In the Financial Services Business, companies including Aeon Credit Service Co., Ltd. and Aeon Bank, Ltd. continued to invest to enhance convenience for customer and solidify the business foundation. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥47,403 million.
- In the Shopping Center Development Business, Aeon Mall Co., Ltd. and its consolidated companies opened 1 new shopping centers and refurbished 15 existing shopping centers in Japan. In overseas, the Group opend 3 new shopping centers, refurbished 7 existing shopping centers. Capital expenditures in the business in Japan and in overseas totaled ¥95,827 million and ¥17,576 million respectively.
- In the Services and Specialty Store Business, Aeon Fantasy Co., Ltd. aggressively opened new outlets and renovated existing outlets. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥22,157 million.
- In the International Business, the Group opened 9 new GMS stores (3 in China, 3 in Malaysia, 1 in Vietnam and 2 in Myanmar), and 12 supermarkets (1 in China, 2 in Malaysia, 4 in Cambodia, 1 in Vietnam and 1 in Thailand). Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥12,287 million.
- In Other Operations, the Group bolstered its Digital business. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥9,184 million.
- Regarding capital investments in the pure holding company and product supply companies, capital investments totaled ¥5,033 million.