Based on a proactive management strategy, the Aeon Group (Aeon Co., Ltd. and its consolidated subsidiaries) is progressing with the consolidation and decommission of its retail outlets in response to changes in the environment surrounding its locations. In FY2020, the Group made capital expenditures of ¥318,246 million, mainly in the GMS business, the Supermarket Business and the Shopping Center Development Business.
- In the GMS Business, the Group opened 6 new stores and closed 6 existing stores, while renovated existing stores to suit the local demographics of each neighborhood. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥60,346 million.
- In the Supermarket Business, the Group opened 52 new supermarkets and closed 36 existing stores, and opened 11 new discount stores and closed 8 existing stores. The Group operated 5,314 Ministop stores worldwide as of the end of 2020 fiscal year.
The Group continued to aggressively opened small-size urban My Basket stores,bringing the total to 921 outlets at the end of 2020 fiscal year. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥63,495 million.
- In the Health & Wellness Business, WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. opened 124 new stores and added 104 stores by acquiring shares and acquiring business and closed 23 stores. WELCIA HOLDINGS CO., LTD. aggressively bolstered to build the dominant position and expanding the store sales channels. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥21,792 million respectively.
- In the Financial Services Business, companies including Aeon Credit Service Co., Ltd. and Aeon Bank, Ltd. continued to invest to enhance convenience for customer and solidify the business foundation. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥46,495 million.
- In the Shopping Center Development Business, Aeon Mall Co., Ltd. and its consolidated companies opened 1 new shopping centers and refurbished 10 existing shopping centers in Japan. In overseas, the Group opend 2 new shopping centers. Capital expenditures in the business in Japan and in overseas totaled ¥68,803 million and ¥18,930 million respectively.
- In the Services and Specialty Store Business, Aeon Fantasy Co., Ltd. opened new outlets, renovated existing outlets, and invested in replacement amusement machines. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥18,730 million.
- In the International Business, the Group opened 3 new GMS stores (1 in China, 1 in Vietnam and 1 in Indonesia), and 10 supermarkets (2 in China, 1 in Malaysia, 5 in Cambodia and 2 in Vietnam). Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥6,171 million.
- In Other Operations, the Group bolstered its Digital business. Capital expenditures in the business totaled ¥12,249 million.
- Regarding capital investments in the pure holding company and product supply companies, capital investments totaled ¥1,231 million.