Clean & Green Activities Campaign
What is Clean & Green?
From "Greenery Day" on April 29, 1991, Aeon launched a "Clean & Green" campaign. This campaign is a development of the social contribution activities of group companies into volunteer activities of employees.
Cleanup activities are not just cleanup activities, but are meant to be "cleaning the mind," that is, voluntary social service activities. In addition, we take a broad view of green activities, including tree planting activities, such as conservation of the natural environment.
- Cleaning of public facilities and land such as parks, riverbeds, station squares, roads around stores, empty can collection activities
- Social service activities such as blood donation, consolation to elderly homes and various welfare facilities
- Relief and support activities such as sending relief supplies to refugees and charity bazaar
- Tree planting and flower donation to public facilities and sites such as schools and parks
- Various fund-raising activities for tree planting
Currently, we are continuing activities at stores nationwide on the 11th of every month on Aeon Day
Aeon Clean Road
The "Volunteer Support Program" is a system in which the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism supports volunteer cleaning activities and road beautification by local communities and companies, and has a natural desire to benevolent to the road and clean the place where it lives. It is a "road beautification and cleaning" activity that was devised to make things. We are the first private company to carry out this activity company-wide.
In the future, we will work with the road management offices of prefectures that are implementing the same idea as the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, and will further expand the number of stores that implement it.
In addition, some stores and business establishments participate in cleaning activities under the "Adopt Road Program" * sponsored by each local government.
- The "Adopt Road Program" is a public cleaning beautification method that was born in the United States and means "Adopt ADOPT". It is a system in which both citizens and local governments become foster parents of a certain public space (adopted child) and clean and beautify them so that they can take care of their children.
Through these Clean & Green Activities Campaign, Aeon will work with the local people to promote the basic philosophy of aiming for the development of local communities and the improvement of living culture both inside and outside the country.
The Jusco Hadano store received the Shonan District Administration Center Director's Award.
What is Aeon Day?
Aeon operates on the principles of pursuing peace, respecting humanity, and contributing to local communities, always with the customers point of view as its core. With this in mind, we are engaged in a variety of environmental preservation activities as a kind of corporate citizen along with customers in the community.
When changing our name from Jusco to Aeon in August 2001, we used the opportunity to establish Aeon Day, which takes place on the 11th of every month. With our corporate philosophy of "Transforming daily life and living into a future filled with dreams" as our guidepost, this day is set aside for all employees to engage in activities that contribute to the community, based on the themes of 'ecology' (environment) and 'local' which we feel should be embodied in the community.