Terms of Service
The terms of service in the use of this website (hereafter referred to as the “Site”) operated by the Aeon Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”) or an agent are as follows.
Article 1 (Definition)
The terms used in the following items in the terms of service are defined as follows. “Site” refers to aeon.jp, aeon.info and the other corresponding URLs. “User” refers to a person who accesses the Site.
Article 2 (Scope of Terms and Changes)
- The terms apply to the Company and users during the use of the Site, and users shall agree to comply with these terms in good faith.
- Information posted separately on the Site, individual provisions stipulated by other means, or notification to users of additional provisions consist of part of these terms. If the terms, individual provisions, or additional provisions differ, the individual provisions and additional provisions shall take precedence.
- This Site contains links to websites run by the Company, affiliated companies, or agents. By using such sites, you agree to the their terms of service.
- The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any disadvantages or damages incurred due to changes in the terms.
Article 3 (User Status and Restrictions)
By using the Site, the user agrees to the terms and is deemed a user of the Site.
Users must refrain from the following actions:
- Actions that infringe upon the assets or privacy of third parties or the Company, or actions that may do so.
- Actions that disadvantage or damage third parties or the Company or actions that may do so.
- Actions that hinder the operation of the Site.
- Actions contrary to public policy.
- Criminal actions, actions that lead to criminal acts or actions that may do so.
- Actions that result in false statements or notifications.
- Sales activities or actions intended to profit from the Site or making preparations to do so. This does not apply if authorization has been granted by the Company.
- Actions that damage the reputation or trust of third parties or the Company.
- Use or provision of malicious programs such as computer viruses or actions that may result in such.
- Actions that contravene domestic or foreign laws and regulations, or acts that may do so.
- Other actions deemed inappropriate by the Company.
Article 4 (Information Posted to the Site)
The Company offers no guarantees as to the accuracy, concurrence, or usefulness of the information posted on the Site. Information on the Site may be added to, changed, amended, or deleted on the judgment of the Company without prior notice to users. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damages incurred in any case due to addition, changes, amendments, or deletion of Site information.
Article 5 (Interruption or Suspension of the Site)
- If any of the following reasons apply, the Company may, of its own volition, temporarily interrupt or suspend part of or the entire Site without prior notice to users:
- During periodic or emergency equipment and system maintenance inspections or updates.
- When it is difficult to keep the Site running due to irresistible forces such as fires, power outages, or natural disasters.
- When type 1 telecommunications operator services are not available.
- Also, when the Company determines that the Site must be interrupted or suspended for operational or technical reasons, or determines that running the Site would be difficult due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any disadvantages or damages to the user or third parties incurred by interruption or suspension of the Site.
Article 6 (Handling of Links)
The Company accepts no responsibility for external sites including links from the Site to others, and links to the Site provided by third parties. Similarly, the Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for content, advertisements, products, services, etc. included in or which may be available on the applicable site. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for damages or financial compensation incurred by such content, advertisements, products, or services.
When linking to the Site, please ensure that it is displayed in a separate window instead of in a frame on the site of origin.
Note that changes to Site and server configurations may result in links to individual page disappearing without notice. We appreciate your understanding.
Article 7 (Copyright)
- The user may not duplicate, sell, publish or use for any other means the information provided by the Site in any way without the permission of the rightful owner that goes beyond the scope of personal use as stipulated by copyright law.
- Users may not allow third parties to use or publish any information provided on the Site without the permission of the rightful owner.
- Any problems arising due to violation of this provision must be resolved by the user on their own responsibility and at their own cost, and must not cause any inconvenience or damages to the Company.
Article 8 (Trademarks)
The "AEON" trademark, names and product logos of products developed by the Company included on the Site are the registered trademarks of the Company or affiliated companies. All other products and company names are the property of their respective owners. Prior written consent is required to use the Company's registered trademark.
Article 9 (Liability for Compensation)
- The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by users or third parties due to changes to, interruption, cancellation, suspension, or closing of the Site or damages related to such.
- If a user causes damage to a third party during the use of the Site, the user must resolve the issue on their own responsibility and at their own expense, and must not cause any damage to the Company. If a user causes any damage to the Company due to actions that violate these terms or due to fraudulent or illegal actions, the Company shall be able to demand compensation for damages from the applicable user.
Article 11 (Applicable Laws)
Japanese national law applies to the establishment, validity, execution, and interpretation of these terms.
Article 12 (Agreed Jurisdiction)
The Tokyo District Court is the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court of the first trial in case of any conflict over these terms.