Aeon recognizes the importance of protecting personal information based on the philosophy of "pursuing peace, respecting humanity, and contributing to local communities, always with the customer's point of view as its core," and we understand the importance of treating individual information in a careful and secure manner. An individual's personal information reflects their uniqueness and values and must be cared for just as much as the individuals themselves. We strive to correctly and safely manage the personal information we receive from our customers and build up relationships of mutual trusts.
Initiatives to Protect Personal Information
We enforce basic policies on protecting personal information through the following measures.
- All executives and employees observe internal regulations and laws related to personal information.
- We appoint an individual to manage the protection of personal information, give them the responsibility and authority to implement and operate the protection of said personal information, and conduct training on how to manage said personal information appropriately.
- We appoint an individual to be in charge of personal information protection auditing and conduct audits regarding personal information protection.
- We revise our internal policies and operations based on audit results.
- We require our business partners and related parties to cooperate in the protection of personal information.
- This policy is available to view at any time on our website and via company information materials.
Handling of Personal Information
- We will clearly state the purpose of collection, use, and sharing of personal information at the time of collection and will only use the collected information within the range of the intended purpose of use.
- When we receive a request related to the disclosure, correction, or cancellation of personal information, we will respond promptly, within a proper period of time, and within appropriate limits.
- We will implement security measures to appropriately guard against issues such as unauthorized access, losses, falsification, and leaks.
September 21, 2004
AEON CO., LTD.
Director, President and Representative Executive Officer, Group CEO, Motoya Okada
Aeon Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") pays the utmost care when handling personal information pertaining to customers, so that customers can purchase and use our products and services with confidence. The Company, directors and employees recognize the importance of protecting personal information and strive to maintain legal compliance and the safe handling of said information.
Handling of Customers' Personal Information
About the Acquisition of Personal Information (We will acquire and use customers' personal information appropriately.)
We receive and collect personal information from our customers in order to provide them with the smoothest and most efficient service possible. The purpose of use for the personal information the Company acquires is as follows. In addition, when we acquire personal information, we will notify or announce the purpose of use in an appropriate manner.
- To handle orders from our customers related to products we manufacture, products we sell, and accessories for these items (In the case of products such as clothes, it may be for the purpose of tailoring the clothing item.)
- For the delivery of products purchased by customers
- To provide maintenance services for products purchased by customers
- To provide customers with procedures and services based on their insurance and product warranties, etc.
- To register customers for various membership services
- To inform customers of various commercial events or facilities such as exhibits, seminars, contests, sweepstakes, gyms, etc.
- In the case of questionnaires from customers, to achieve the purpose of the questionnaire
- When recording conversations with customers on video or photography taken at stores, the purpose is to confirm the content of conversations held or for crime prevention
- For marketing and sales promotions held by our company
- To process payments, we collect information about the customer's credit card, including the number and expiration date
- For the Company to issue WAON cards and other prepaid security certificates, to manage them after issuance, to check usage conditions, and to perform other related tasks.
- For the issuance, sale and other related services of financial instruments other than those listed in points 1-11 above
Usage Restrictions (Only used within the predetermined purpose of use.)
The Company will not use the acquired personal information outside the range necessary (outside the purpose of use) for achieving the purpose of use as described in section 1 above.
Transfer of Business (We will take appropriate measures in such cases as merging, etc.)
As a business, the Company may merge, sell, or acquire assets. In such cases, a customer's personal information may be shared within the scope of the purpose of use, but the Company will take necessary measures to manage said personal information, such as requiring the partner company to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
Management of Personal Information (We will manage said information appropriately.)
Having appointed a person to be in charge of the management of said information, we make sure to comply with laws and regulations, industry guidelines and internal rules concerning personal information. Also, we treat our customers' personal information with the utmost care. In addition, we strive to keep customers' personal information accurate and up-to-date, and to appropriately manage said information to prevent its unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. Detailed examples of our management are listed below.
- We continuously provide in-house training regarding the protection and appropriate handling of customers' personal information.
- We conduct audits periodically to review our management system pertaining to the protection of personal information.
Providing Personal Information to a Third Party (We will not share information with a third party in an inappropriate manner.)
We do not provide customers' personal information to third parties except in the following cases.
If we receive consent from the customer
We may provide your personal information to third parties based on your consent.
In addition, if the customer purchases a product or uses a service using a credit card or other payment method, the number of the credit card or other payment cards, the customer's name, and other necessary information may be shared with the credit card company or financial institution in order to settle the payment. In such cases, the customer agrees to the sharing of information by the Company as written above.
If required by law
We may provide customer information to third parties in the following cases:
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect human life or assets and it is difficult to obtain consent from the actual individual. For example, when an item bought from us by a customer is recalled by the manufacturer, we may share the customer's contact information with the product's manufacturer.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the actual individual's consent
- In cases where it is necessary for a national organization, a local public entity, or a person who receives a commission to cooperate in carrying out an affair prescribed by the law but obtaining the consent of the actual individual creates a risk of hindering the fulfillment of such affairs
If the handling of personal information is outsourced
When outsourcing the handling of the customer's personal information to an external company, etc., we strictly manage the provision of the customer's personal information and only share the minimum amount of required information with the external company.
If sharing the information within the Aeon Group
We may jointly use the customer's personal information within the Aeon group. The portions of customers' personal information used jointly include the personal information of all the customers we possess as a company. The following person is responsible for the management and operation of the customer's personal information when being jointly used within the Aeon Group.
AEON CO., LTD.
Personal Information Protection Manager
Joint Usage of the Point Service
The Company may, as set forth below, share the held personal data with the following group companies after taking appropriate protection measures.
- Personal Data Used Jointly
- Name, date of birth, gender, phone number, address, e-mail address, information about the customer's family, information about the customer's place of employment, information related to the customer's assets and liabilities, information on business needs, public information, and any other information related to the customer or information reported by the customer.
- Information on the details of individual transactions with customers, such as the types of products and services which are being traded, contract dates, transaction amounts, balances, due dates, etc.
Range of Joint Usage
Information will be jointly used between the following companies.
- Joint usage is between
- AEON Retail Co., Ltd.
- AEON BANK, LTD.
- AEON MARKETING CO., LTD.
- AEON CREDIT SERVICE CO., LTD.
- Joint usage is between
Purposes of use of joint users
- To provide customers with point services, various benefits, etc.
- For guidance to customers by joint users about various products, services, and mail-order services of joint users, partner companies, and member stores.
- For the planning and development of various products and services
- To analyze membership information when proposing various products and services
Person Responsible for Managing Personal Data
AEON CO., LTD.
Personal Information Protection Manager
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information (We will handle inquiries within the scope of the law.)
We have created a "Customer Personal Information Consultation Counter" to promptly respond to inquiries regarding disclosure, corrections, and suspensions of use of customer's personal information received from customers within the scope of the law. Customers who have the following requests should contact the Customer Personal Information Consultation Counter.
- Requests to correct mistakes in the customer's registered information.
- Requests to stop guidance from the Company received by e-mail, direct mail, mobile phone, etc.
Personal Information of Customers Under 16 Years Old (We require parental consent.)
We take the utmost care in protecting the personal information of customers under 16 years of age.
The personal information of customers under the age of 16 must be provided with the consent of their legal guardian.
Handling of Personal Information on this Website
Our website incorporates “cookies,” which is a technology used to provide customers with more convenient and better services. "Cookies" enable us to identify your computer, but they cannot identify you personally. In addition, customers can restrict the use of "cookies." In such cases, some services on this website may become unavailable.
About website security
We adopt the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption system to encrypt and communicate data on the pages where customers provide their personal information on our website, so that even in the case of a third party intercepting transmissions, there is no need to worry about the shared content being stolen. In addition, our servers use a firewall system to protect data, which in turn prevents unauthorized access. We make the management and protection of personal information shared with us by our customers a top priority so that it is not leaked to other parties.
About website content
Although our website can be accessed from countries around the world that have differing laws, the content of our website shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan. In addition, we will prohibit access from any areas where the content of our website is considered illegal.
Impact on the website when refusing to provide information
Customers can use our website without registering or providing their personal information. However, in such cases, certain services may become unavailable. Also, if you do not initially enter your ID or password, you may be asked afterward multiple times to provide this information.
In the event of a dispute related to the protection of Personal Information, the Tokyo District Court shall be the court of jurisdiction in the first instance.
Customer Personal Information Consultation Counter
AEON CO., LTD. Customer Personal Information Consultation Counter (Customer Service Division)
This document was revised on May 23, 2016.
We may revise portions of the personal information protection policy in order to protect personal information or to respond to changes in laws and regulations or other norms. We will announce important changes in an easy-to-understand manner on either our website or at local customer stores.